C O M M U N I TY

N E X T    G E N E R A T I O N

P R E S E N C E

C E L E B R A T I O N

211010 주일예배

네가 혼자 할 수 없으리라

본문: 출애굽 18:13-27

13 이튿날 모세가 백성을 재판하느라고 앉아 있고 백성은 아침부터 저녁까지 모세 곁에 서 있는지라

13 The next day Moses took his seat to serve as judge for the people, and they stood around him from morning till evening.

14 모세의 장인이 모세가 백성에게 행하는 모든 일을 보고 이르되 네가 이 백성에게 행하는 이 일이 어찌 됨이냐 어찌하여 네가 홀로 앉아 있고 백성은 아침부터 저녁까지 네 곁에 서 있느냐

14 When his father-in-law saw all that Moses was doing for the people, he said, "What is this you are doing for the people? Why do you alone sit as judge, while all these people stand around you from morning till evening?"

15 모세가 그의 장인에게 대답하되 백성이 하나님께 물으려고 내게로 옴이라

15 Moses answered him, "Because the people come to me to seek God's will.

16 그들이 일이 있으면 내게로 오나니 내가 그 양쪽을 재판하여 하나님의 율례와 법도를 알게 하나이다

16 Whenever they have a dispute, it is brought to me, and I decide between the parties and inform them of God's decrees and instructions."

17 모세의 장인이 그에게 이르되 네가 하는 것이 옳지 못하도다

17 Moses' father-in-law replied, "What you are doing is not good.

18 너와 또 너와 함께 한 이 백성이 필경 기력이 쇠하리니 이 일이 네게 너무 중함이라 네가 혼자 할 수 없으리라

18 You and these people who come to you will only wear yourselves out. The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone.

19 이제 내 말을 들으라 내가 네게 방침을 가르치리니 하나님이 너와 함께 계실지로다 너는 하나님 앞에서 그 백성을 위하여 그 사건들을 하나님께 가져오며

19 Listen now to me and I will give you some advice, and may God be with you. You must be the people's representative before God and bring their disputes to him.

20 그들에게 율례와 법도를 가르쳐서 마땅히 갈 길과 할 일을 그들에게 보이고

20 Teach them his decrees and instructions, and show them the way they are to live and how they are to behave.

21 너는 또 온 백성 가운데서 능력 있는 사람들 곧 하나님을 두려워하며 진실하며 불의한 이익을 미워하는 자를 살펴서 백성 위에 세워 천부장과 백부장과 오십부장과 십부장을 삼아

21 But select capable men from all the people-men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain-and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens.

22 그들이 때를 따라 백성을 재판하게 하라 큰 일은 모두 네게 가져갈 것이요 작은 일은 모두 그들이 스스로 재판할 것이니 그리하면 그들이 너와 함께 담당할 것인즉 일이 네게 쉬우리라

22 Have them serve as judges for the people at all times, but have them bring every difficult case to you; the simple cases they can decide themselves. That will make your load lighter, because they will share it with you.

23 네가 만일 이 일을 하고 하나님께서도 네게 허락하시면 네가 이 일을 감당하고 이 모든 백성도 자기 곳으로 평안히 가리라

23 If you do this and God so commands, you will be able to stand the strain, and all these people will go home satisfied."

24 이에 모세가 자기 장인의 말을 듣고 그 모든 말대로 하여

24 Moses listened to his father-in-law and did everything he said.

25 모세가 이스라엘 무리 중에서 능력 있는 사람들을 택하여 그들을 백성의 우두머리 곧 천부장과 백부장과 오십부장과 십부장을 삼으매

25 He chose capable men from all Israel and made them leaders of the people, officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens.

26 그들이 때를 따라 백성을 재판하되 어려운 일은 모세에게 가져오고 모든 작은 일은 스스로 재판하더라

26 They served as judges for the people at all times. The difficult cases they brought to Moses, but the simple ones they decided themselves.

27 모세가 그의 장인을 보내니 그가 자기 땅으로 가니라

27 Then Moses sent his father-in-law on his way, and Jethro returned to his own country.

Up